STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Fall can current hidden risks to pets.
1. Mushrooms: Wild mushrooms thrive through the fall. The cool local weather and damp leaves provide an ideal place for them to develop. Earlier than you let your pet out, take a fast look and pull any that they might eat.
2. Fleas: Fall is the height season for fleas. They will dwell nicely into temperatures within the 30s. Watch your pet to search for indicators.
3. Ragweed and mildew: Seasonal allergy symptoms can have an effect on your pet as nicely. Itching, scratching, and watery eyes are a number of indicators. Bathe them usually; it’s their greatest protection.
4. Antifreeze: A small quantity could be harmful to your animal, and some licks could be lethal for smaller pets.
5. Mothballs: They appear fairly harmless, however they’re toxic to animals. Maintain them out of attain.
Let me introduce you to Pryor…
Muddy Paws shall be at Flagship Brewing Firm’s Oysterfest on Saturday, Sept. 17, from 3 p.m. to six:30 p.m. for the OysterFest occasion with dozens of lovable (and adoptable) pups who’re ready to “fall” in love! It is a unbelievable alternative for folk who’ve been seeking to undertake to search out their good pup and revel in a enjoyable afternoon out abruptly!
Meet one of many adoptables…Penny Lane!
· SICAW shall be at PetSmart, 1525 Forest Ave., from 2:30 p.m. to five p.m.
Louie’s Legacy shall be at PetSmart, 1525 Forest Ave, 11 am-1 pm – Staten Island 1525 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302
· SICAW shall be at Bricktown Commons Petco, 165 Bricktown Manner, Suite 1C, on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· SICAW shall be at PetSmart, 1525 Forest Ave., from 12 p.m. to three p.m.
· Louie’s Legacy shall be at PetSmart (Flatiron) – 1107 Broadway Ste. 101, New York, NY 10010
We’re at all times grateful to the volunteers who set up pet occasions each week in and across the borough, ship out bulletins, maintain fundraisers, assist with provides, clear cages, feed animals, make sure that the pets’ medical wants are attended to, and a lot extra. All of that is completed with out pay, all for love and behind the scenes.
Muddy Paws shall be at Flagship Brewing Firm’s Oysterfest on Saturday, September seventeenth from 3-6:30pm for his or her OysterFest occasion with dozens of lovable (and adoptable) pups who’re ready to “fall” in love! It is a unbelievable alternative for folk who’ve been seeking to undertake to search out their good pup, and revel in a enjoyable afternoon out abruptly!
GIFTS FOR ANIMAL LOVERS
Stellar Villa is a New York Metropolis-based artist who lately raised over $11,500 for pet shelters after she single-handedly created 1,252 customized artwork items of pets over 21 days. Now, she is working to create ongoing partnerships with native animal shelters to proceed elevating cash. In the event you’re searching for a present for a canine lover, try Stellar’s work.
Do you like canine? Do you like beer? Then fetch a chilly one on the Flagship Brewing Co.’s Canine Membership. The membership meets each Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. within the Flagship Brewery taproom, 40 Minthorne St., off Bay Avenue.
The Flagship’s Canine Membership is for that particular breed of canine and beer lovers who can convey their (well-behaved) pups to the conferences. As soon as a month, there shall be a visitor speaker to speak about their very own specialty or data relating to the welfare of their treasured, loyal associates.
For extra data, go to https://www.restaurantji.com/ny/staten-island/the-flagship-brewing-company-/ or name 718-448-5284.
1. Low-cost or free spay and neuter: The ASPCA’s free and low-cost cell spay and neuter van travels all through the 5 boroughs in each neighborhood.
Low-income pet homeowners within the 5 boroughs with proof of public help, akin to welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, Supplemental Safety Earnings (SSI), incapacity, meals stamps, TANF (Non permanent Help for Needy Households), or public housing qualify totally free spay/neuter companies for his or her cat or canine. In case you have a pit bull, pit-bull combine, or sure giant breed canine, it’s additionally free.
For precise instances the van shall be in your space, in addition to pre-visit directions, go to aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter, or name 877-SPAY-NYC (877-772-9692).
2. Apply for a canine license. Save time and postage by making use of on-line. For an utility or extra data, go to nyc.gov/doglicense. View the flyer within the gallery above.
ALFRESCO DINING WITH YOUR DOG
· Angelina’s Ristorante, 339 Ellis St., Tottenville, 718-227-2900
· The Burrito Bar, 585 Forest Ave., West Brighton, 718-815-9200
· Ciro Pizza Café, 862 Huguenot Ave., Huguenot, 718-605-0620
· Killmeyer’s Previous Bavaria Inn, 4254 Arthur Kill Rd., Charleston, 718-984-1202
· Shake Shack, Staten Island Mall, 2655 Richmond Ave., New Springville, 929-529-0513
· Silver Lake Golf Course, 915 Victory Blvd., Silver Lake, 718-442-4653
Name forward for reservations. For extra data, try NYC Canine in restaurant guidelines.
· Allison Park, off-leash space, the sphere on the finish of the path bordered by Prospect Avenue, Sailors Cosy Harbor Cemetery, and the pond
· Amundsen Path, off-leash space, between Amboy Highway and Hylan Boulevard
· Arthur Von Briesen Park, off-leash space, garden space, mid-park on the best facet
· Bloomingdale Park, canine run, Maguire Avenue behind athletic fields nearer to Ramona Avenue
· Clove Lakes Park, off-leash space, the open area above picnic space close to Royal Oak Highway and Rice Avenue
· Clove Lakes Park, off-leash space, Brookside Avenue between Alpine Courtroom and Kingsley Avenue (garden space)
· Clove’s Tail Park, off-leash space, garden space, nook of Victory Boulevard and Little Clove Highway
· Convention Home Park, canine run, Clermont Avenue and Massachusetts Avenue
· Cozzens Woods Park, off-leash space, Web page Avenue between Hylan Boulevard and Amboy Highway
· Crescent Seaside Park, off-leash space, Tennyson Drive, and Glover Avenue. Positioned within the meadow space resulting in the seaside
· Evergreen Park, off-leash space, Greaves Avenue and Evergreen Avenue
· Father Macris Park, off-leash space, garden past ball area
· Ida Courtroom Playground, canine run, Ida Courtroom between N. Railroad Avenue and Drumgoole Highway East
· Lemon Creek Park, off-leash space, the underside of Seguine Avenue at Johnston Terrace; slightly below playground
· Siedenburg Park, off-leash space, Greaves Avenue, and Evergreen Avenue
· Silver Lake Park, canine run, Victory Boulevard under the pavilion, throughout from the Parkview Flats
· South Seaside Park, off-leash space. Word: On sand solely after Labor Day and earlier than Memorial Day
· Willowbrook Park, off-leash space, Archery Vary Area
· Wolfe’s Pond Park, canine run, to the left of Cornelia Avenue
For extra data with guidelines and rules, go to nycgovparks.org/services/dogareas.
Canine can’t enter any bathing services, together with New York Metropolis seashores. Nonetheless, from Oct. 1 by Might 1, leashed canine are allowed on the sand and boardwalk at Midland Seaside and South Seaside.
Leashed canine are allowed on the boardwalk/promenade at Midland Seaside and South Seaside.
For extra data on guidelines and rules, go to nycgovparks.org/services/dogareas.
PET POISON HELPLINES
In the event you assume your pet could have ingested a probably toxic substance, contact the Pet Poison hotline at 855-764-7661 or petpoisonhelpline.com, or contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Management Heart at 888-426-4435 or aspca.org.
Because the seasons change, remember the vegetation which might be toxic to animals: https://www.rover.com/weblog/poisonous-plants/
TO REPORT ANIMAL CRUELTY
To report an incident of animal abuse, name Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS or go to www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
To contact an environmental conservation police officer or report suspected violations, contact the DEC Legislation Enforcement Dispatch Heart at 844-DEC-ECOS (844-332-3267) or dec.ny.gov/.