Firefighters in the Mid-Hudson Valley bought more than they bargained for battling a two-alarm blaze in Orange County: almost 100 cats, a report stated.
The animals were considered to be portion of “an serious hoarding situation” at the dwelling in which the fireplace broke out Thursday afternoon, the Woodbury Animal Shelter wrote on Facebook.
“Last evening the Woodbury Animal Shelter was named to assist in a awful residence hearth,” the shelter said.
“This was an serious hoarding predicament and there ended up probably near to 100 cats living in this house. The firefighters had been completely wonderful and rescued the cats that ended up dwelling in cages in the dwelling,”
Some of the cats were being introduced to the shelter and will need medical treatment, according to the shelter, but not all of the cats ended up rescued.
“These cats are now at our shelter and will all involve medical treatment. Luckily for us many of the cats that ended up unfastened have been in a position to escape and will be trapped before long. We are unsure at this time of how numerous cats perished in the hearth,” in accordance to the Fb write-up.
The Woodbury Fireplace Department advised ABC7 the issue of the property hampered their endeavours to stop the fireplace.