Is Linksys Velop port forwarding not working? Then no need to worry we will definitely help you out with this. Although the configuration process of the Linksys Velop port forward is so simple, you can face trouble in its working. It is very difficult to identify the reason behind this but by following our solution tips you can easily fix the issue.
Identify A Few Common Things
Before doing the solution tips, it is very necessary to look for the reasons behind the Linksys port forwarding not working. Utilize the below steps to do this.
- First, verify that the ISP gives access to public addresses to you.
- After that, verify the Velop IP address, which must be correct.
- Most of the time the firewall blocks this function automatically.
- Moreover, there may be any mistake or change in the settings while you execute the installation process.
- Metal or electronic appliances all interrupt the Linksys Velop working.
- The Linksys Velop contains the same port in one port.
To fix all the above common issues of Linksys Velop port forwarding not working, consider the below solution tips.
Power Cycle Linksys Velop
The first and foremost point is to turn off your Linksys Velop device and the host router also. Now, take out both gadgets or devices from the power socket and discard the gadget whether it is connected by a wireless or wired connection.
Later, fix them again and create a connection accordingly. Always keep in mind to do and apply the perfect settings by doing this. In the end, use your WiFi-connected gadget and go to the Linksys Web management page to verify whether the Linksys port forwarding not working issue is now resolved or not.
Enter Linksys Velop Perfect Default IP Address
Probably in the wrong field, you may enter the incorrect IP address. The things are that the internet IP or local IP is different for both. So, visit the Linksys Velop installation page after login and go to the status page. Now, on the other display page, identify an IP address and insert the right one if there is any change in the address bar. Apart from that, examine the official portal of Linksys Velop on the same page.
Discard The Firewall Option On The PC
If you are using any anti-virus on your WiFi gadget such as a laptop or computer, then there must be chances that the firewall is on. As basically, this function does not allow other networks to access the computer or laptop files for security reasons. As this benefit is also beneficial you may look at the Linksys Velop port not working issue due to this option.
To resolve this issue consider the below steps.
First, launch the anti-virus software on your PC, laptop, computer, etc, and pick the firewall tab. After that, power off this feature only temporarily, by doing this you can easily access your PC on another network. More than that, identify that early your Linksys Velop device is supporting this function or not. If this function supports your Linksys Velop device then discard it also for a few minutes. By doing this, the Linksys Velop port forwarding not working issue is now fixed.
Get Linksys Velop Latest Version Of Software
First, take the computer and make sure your WiFi device must be linked with the Linksys device. After that, open navigation and fill in the Linksys Velop default IP address. Next, tap on the connectivity option under the settings. Now, click on the Check for updates option, if you see any latest version of software or firmware file then install it on your laptop or computer.
Reset Linksys Velop Gadget
After discarding the Velop, look for the reset button.
Now, punch that button with the help of a paperclip for 8 to 10 seconds.
Next, all the Linksys Velop device LEDs will be turned off.
As it means, the Linksys Velop unit is now completely reset.
Note: After doing a reset, do the Linksys Velop device Configuration process again.
Configure Linksys Velop Port Forwarding
- First, on your network-connected gadget open up the navigation.
- After that, visit the Linksys Velop web interference page by entering the Linksys Velop default web portal in the web browser address bar.
- Further, go to the Linksys Velop settings and tap on the security option.
- Later, hit on the apps and games tab and insert all the required details and then click on the single Velop port forwarding.
- Next, select add a new port forwarding tab option and fill in the required details.
- Insert the app name, IP address, and external or internal ports there.
- In the end, tap on the save icon to complete the procedure.
After doing the above tips, if you are unable to resolve the Linksys Velop port forwarding not working issue, you can seek technical assistance from experts. This problem is so common with all Linksys WiFi devices. Whether you have a RE6700, RE7000, or any other Linksys device, you may face this issue with those devices as well. You may not be able to finish the Linksys RE6700 setup due to this issue. And this could be a frustrating experience.
On the other hand, if you own a RE7000 device, you may encounter difficulties while trying to access the Linksys extender setup RE7000 page. So, try out all the above tips and if those do not work, reach out to reliable Linksys Technical Support experts.